Friday, March 04, 2005

So, How'd It Go?

I did pretty well -- better than I thought. I made it all the way to about 10:30pm -- when my sister called and we started complaining about people who send you crazy email hoaxes or Christian prayers followed by: "If you send this to 10 of your Christian friends in the next 10 minutes, you'll win the lottery."

Ugh! I couldn't hold out when she brought that topic up.

Still, I was able to avoid complaining for the most part. This was probably due to my winning strategy: I made an honest attempt to talk less. I think I even managed to trick some people into thinking I am wiser than I really am.

I may keep this tactic.

Overall, I'd have to agree with Dribble -- the exercise made me more aware of just how pervasive complaining is. It seem like it's become the American Way.

Today was an incredibly busy day -- one of those days. Not that I'm complaining. In fact, just the opposite is true. In spite of the fact that my day was slammed, I managed to have a good time, and I think I managed to help the people around me have a good time as well.

Hey, maybe I'm growing up!