Sunday, October 23, 2005

Quick Question

Just returned home from Phoenix where I had a great time with the folks at the Gateway Church of Christ. They're super-excited about creating an environment where kids and parents can come together to learn the same thing. They're making bold strides toward ending the dysfunctional cycle of parent-church-child relationships that currently exists in most churches. They're implementing changes and starting to really think strategically about things. I can't wait to see how things develop for them in the next few months.

By the way, if you're ever in Phoenix, go eat at Pizza Bianco. They don't have a website as far as I know. And the wait is ridiculous, but it might be the best pizza in America. I'm not kidding.

For those of you who have asked, my knee is still swollen, and I still don't have full range of motion. But it doesn't hurt anymore. That's probably good and bad at the same time. I'm sure a doctor will tell me all about it -- when I finally get around to visiting one.

I went with my friend and co-worker Jeff Sandstrom, and we laughed ourselves silly. I love having a good travelling partner.

I'm tired and will get back to talking about stress and other things. For now, I do have a question for you. It's a question that was actually sent to me in an email, so here's the body of that email. I eagerly await your ideas:

"Can you ask [this] question on your blog? Is it possible that Rick Warren's book and Mel Gibson's movie were going to trigger a national revival? Rick Warren said he thought it would when he started holding his 'MegaConferences.' Did Dan Brown's book [The Da Vinci Code] have anything to do with thwarting their efforts?"

Well, what do you think?