Thursday, July 07, 2005

Small World

Those of you who are regular visitors here know that I recently changed the look of my blog. In doing so, I lost the counter I had at the bottom of the page. To my astonishment, it had just flipped past 15,000.

Anyway, I installed a new counter that comes with all kinds of bells and whistles. For example, I can now tell where my visitors come from and, sometimes, how they found me. And this is absolutely baffling. I find myself wondering who I know in Michigan or why someone from Minneapolis would read my blog.

So, let's hear from you. You there in Monroe, Louisiana. What's your name? Dale, Wisconsin -- introduce yourself. Miami, Florida -- tell us what you think. Don't be bashful now; let's see how many states/countries we have represented here. How many of you know each other but don't know that you know each other?

Note: It's kind of scary what you can find out these days, but I assure you this -- I can only tell where you are in a general sense. No names, addresses or phone numbers.