Monday, October 03, 2005

An Even Dozen

So, I took some time off of blogging. I went to Chicago for the weekend with my wife for our 12th Anniversary. We stayed downtown -- just a few blocks off of Lake Michigan -- and ate at Giordano's -- home of the best Chicago-style pizza in the world. The weather was absolutely beautiful, and we walked down to the Navy Pier. We actually slept in!

Saturday night we went to dinner with our friends the Nahrstadts in Wheaton. Bob Nahrstadt (can you think of a more perfect Chicagoland name than that?) works for Clark Pro Media and gets to hang out with some of the most innovative thinkers in the church world. We had a great time talking about what a church could be like and wondering why more churches don't seem willing to do what it takes to get there. It's nice to talk to folks who "get it".

And the best part was this: my email server went down, and I couldn't check my email all weekend. Of course, I've spent a big chunk of today digging out from under the pile, but it sure was nice to just shut it down for a few days.

These are all things I highly recommend.

Oh, and I ended the weekend by preaching at a church in Naperville.

Did I say the best part was not being able to check email? No way was that the best part. The best part was hanging out with my best friend for the last 12 years and thinking about what our next 12 years might look like.