Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Bigger Picture

I am such a proponent of God's creation of community that I love hearing how your local church feels like a family. That really is good to know.

But is that all you can think of? When I asked what's so great about the Church, I was thinking more like Kerry. I was thinking about Hospitals and Universities. How many of them are named after great atheists? I was thinking of scientific discovery and legislative genius, artists and poets and composers. I was thinking of Newton and Wilberforce and Rembrandt and Handel.

Come on, folks. What's so great about the church? Yes, the fact that you get to experience community is fantastic, but what has the Church contributed to the world besides a place to belong?

Let's hear your favorite contribution from the Church to the world. Think bigger picture.