Friday, May 06, 2005

Feast Day

Gabriel is right -- I probably am too hard on myself and self my younger self short. And David is right -- the past has brought me to the present, and the present is pretty good.

So, this weekend is going to be one, long "feast day" for me. It's one of those "only in Malibu" days -- probably 70 degrees with a nice breeze blowing off the Pacific -- crystal clear (I can see all the way out to Catalina). I even got a little sun on my nose this afternoon. I'm going to eat food I like and drink what I want to drink. I've been walking around with my mp3 player blasting music I like (U2 is currently playing -- "Vertigo" for those who are wondering).

Sure, there are things that could bother me. I taught this morning and had maybe 15 people in the class. My car is broken back in Georgia and is probably going to cost more than $400 to fix (I got that call this morning at about 7:00am PST -- what a way to start your day!). My father...well, let's just not get into John's continuing search for approval. IT'S A FEAST DAY!

Steak Quesadillas at Howdy's for lunch. Jon Mayer in my ears ("Bigger Than My Body"). A wife who affirms and blesses me from the other side of the country. The water is blue, the grass is green, flowers are blooming everywhere I look. Feast days are fun.