Friday, November 04, 2005

Confirmation

I work fulltime for The reThink Group. We help churches rethink why they do what they do the way they do it.

Today I'm in Texas at the Farmers Branch Church of Christ, and we're meeting with nearly 30 churches. Unlike most of my trips, I'm part of a team today. Reggie Joiner, Lannny Donoho, Jeff Sandstrom, Emily Hill -- a whole bunch of us have come to see lightbulbs come on for these church leaders.

It's an amazing thing.

Oh, and in the room are people I know -- people who have asked me to consider leaving what I do to join them in what they're doing. I have made some hard choices this year. One of the hardest was the decision to stay where I am and continue doing what I'm doing. As I sit here in the back of the room listening to Reggie tell the story of baby Jessica stuck in the well -- I'm convinced: I made the right choice.