Monday, June 06, 2005

Relative Calm

In answer to all the email and personal notes people have been sending, I did manage to finish all the scripts. I have not finished the book and probably won't for a few weeks. I have enlisted some help on that front and have what I think is a workable plan now.

That means I don't really have anything to complain about, which I've learned is deathly for a blogger. The blogger mantra seems to be: I am dissatisfied, therefore I blog.

But I don't have much to complain about. I suppose I could say I don't like the music Starbucks is playing right now (some country girl band) or the Braves' decision to do closer-by-committee (never works). I can always find something to complain about. But overall things are good. I have a good wife. I have good kids. I live in a good house in a good neighborhood. I make good money doing good work.

I am still considering the option of going back to work for a local church. I'm talking to a couple of places about that. I'm taking my time and being as deliberate as possible. Nothing really big is happening these days, which is nice. I have a tendency (like many people) to live crisis-to-crisis. Live that way long enough, and it becomes normal. In times like now, I find myself looking over my shoulder, almost waiting for the other shoe to drop, unable to relax and enjoy what I am sure is just the calm before the next storm.

Contrary to a lot of things I write on this blog, I actually like my life. It just takes a time like this -- a time of relative calm to bring that truth to the surface again.