Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Top 10 List Part Three (Non-Fiction, Christian)

This is the last one of these I'm going to do for a while. But, knowing my readership, it'll probably stir up more comments than the other two did. Here are my Top 10 recommended Christian books. I mentioned in an earlier post that I've tried to avoid text books and really scholarly stuff, so keep that in mind as you browse:

Not the Way It’s Supposed to Be by Cornelius Plantinga, Jr.

The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis

The Jesus Creed by Scot McKnight

The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey

Heaven Is A Place on Earth by Michael E. Wittmer

The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence

Confessions by Augustine

The Life You’ve Always Wanted by John Ortberg

Return of the Prodigal Son by Henri Nouwen

The Divine Conspiracy by Dallas Willard

My apologies to friends near and far who have written books that are wonderful but did not make the list. I could easily have included 100 books here, but I wanted to be as brief as possible. That also explains why there's only one book per author on here. I could have listed 10 by C.S. Lewis alone!

Go ahead and share with me what I'm missing here.